[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Mediocre?  I'll match it against any trap dipole.  If I didn't have the
> G5RV I would suggest a windom.  Had a trap dipole once and long wire beat it
> G5
> RV beat the long wire.  I have read varying reports on the G5RV some call it
> compromise others love it.  I would say it's the best antenna I have had.

My results have been that a *good* trap dipole beats a G5RV - but not by
much. Both beat an equivalent long wire *unless* the long wire has a good
ground
system (as in more than a few radials and a ground stake).

YMMV

The keys to trap dipoles are the trap construction and overall adjustment.
Lossy, low Q traps will give mediocre results. Good high Q traps will do much
better - typically less than 1 dB down from a full size dipole.

73 de Jim, N2EY