VK2NU:
>This talk about end fed halfwaves reminded me of the Fuchs antenna, which is
the multi-band variant of the end fed halfwave. A 40m length of wire acts as
a multiple of 1/2 wave on all bands from 80-10 metres

>The DL QRP club used to supply a kit for the tuning section which also had
an inbuilt LED SWR indicator. The whole set-up (including wire) would fit in
your pocket, and it made a great QRP portable set-up.

        They still do!  See http://www.qrpproject.de/UK/fuchs_ant_.htm
and .pdf manual here http://www.qrpproject.de/Media/pdf/MultibandfuchsEnglish.pdf

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV