Everyone seems to be missing my point, which is, all of these things are
designed and fabricated in metric specs.  The machine tools are made in
factories to metric specs, but when the but the dials on them or the labels on
them they are converted to english so we sad american masses who just cant/wont
work in metrics can understand.  I can, for example, make a 1/2" bolt by
makeing it 12.7mm.  My point is, the machining specs are actually in metric,
but the end result is marketed and labeled in english.  If the US was not the
huge economic power house and consumer it was all of the rest of the
countries/companies of the world would not coddle us on issues like this as
they do.

dt
.