My new K2 came to life last night.  What fun.  Nothing fancy in build or
alignment, I just followed the manual.  When I finished the final
transmitter alignment task, I couldn't help myself, I sent a quick CQ.
First try came back KO1U from MA--wahoo!

Then I started with the customary RST, name and QTH--disaster struck!  Every
"r" I sent sounded like an "a," every "l" an "r" (if I was lucky and not an
"a" as well).  I immediately realized that I was in Iambic mode A and I've
been raised on mode B.  Boy I felt sheepish, sloppy and embarrassed; my code
was terrible.  The good news is that the firmware has a menu option to get
me to mode B, no external keyer needed.  Tonight, it will be easier.

So how many mode "A"ers are there out there?  Am I the only mode B paddle
pusher?

72
Blake
W7PQ