I build up my K2 for 2004 Field Day.

It's a great radio and I really like it, but except
for portable/field use the knobs, buttons are too
small for my meat hooks.

I've been a QRO contester (mainly because I like
running strings) and I guess I'm gonna sell my K2,
FT847 and a couple of others and buy a Ten Tec Orion
to go with my FT1000 for SO2R QRO contesting.

This radio is very well built, works and looks great.
I aligned the filters with Spectrograph (which is
really super). The radio is presently aligned for an
800 Hz CW offset, I will re-align it for any offset
you prefer if you don't want to do it yourself.

Stats:
SN 4272 -- up to complete, full HW and SW revision

KNB2 Noise Blanker
KIO2 RS232 CAT port (with matching RS232 cable)
KSB2 SSB
KAT2 Internal ATU (this really works great!)
Finger Dimple

I'll throw in an external 1:1 current balun (HOMEBREW)
and a DC power cable (HOMEBREW) since I built them
specifically for this radio.

The CAT port emulates Kenwood so even older (even
DOS!) programs talk to it.

I paid $979.50 plus shipping for all this stuff in kit
form.
I built this as if I'd own it for 20 years - Just
finished it in July.

What's it worth?

I can work you on the air with it, you can visit my
shack and use it if you are in WWA.

73, Steve N4SL
Snohomish, WA