Has anyone used a K2 with Winlink 2000?

Winlink 2000 is being pushed by ARRL for EmComm use and I'd like to
experiment using it with my K2 especially with the SET coming up in
October. Here in the MDC section the SET is geared around proving Winlink
2000 as a usable method for passing traffic from the field.

If anyone is working Winlink, please share any comments or suggestions,
modems used, interface to K2, results, etc. Offlist may be more
appropriate. I know little other than what I've read doing some web
surfing and have not operated any digital mode on HF before.

For those who haven't read about it, Winlink 2000 basically is standard
email, but replaces the Internet connection with a radio link, primarily
HF. The emails can contain certain preapproved (by design) attachment
types like maps, lists, jpegs, etc. for EmComm use. You use a standard
POP3-compliant email client and some special amateur software, and of
course a radio. The K2 would seem to be perfect for portable operation in
a disaster situation.

Thanks ... Steve WA3SWS

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"