Don wrote:

>I suggest that you build the 4 band board and then add a 2 band board
> with 80 meters as one band - the other band can be 17 or 15

I think that's the best and *only* practical approach.  That's what I did
with my old two-band filter board after the the four-band board came out.

>60 meter receive may be possible, but will not be quite so easy since 60
>meters is USB only, and the K1 IF filters are intended for CW rather than
>SSB.

That's a good point, not only because of the narrow bandpass of the K1 IF
filtering, but also because the K1 receiver functions in LSB mode on all
bands.  One would have to swap the product detector BFO frequency from below
the IF to above the IF to get USB.  I've not heard of anyone reporting
they've tried that on the K1, although it was discussed here a few months
ago.

>From what I've heard on it, 60m seems to be pretty much a wasteland.

73,
Mike / KK5F