On Sep 20, 2004, at 12:51 AM, Luc Favre wrote:

I'm considering the acquisition of a KRC2-unit, but I'm not sure it will
fill my needs in my specific contest configuration.
I want to use the KRC2 with a K2 with a KPA100, a KAT100 and a linear
(SB220) as first radio, another transceiver as second radio, a
PC-contest-program (TR-log or similar), antennas swiching-relais (to switch antennas back and forth beetween the two radios) and other switching devices
for keyer and headphones.
My question : is the KRC2 the unit I need ?

The KRC2 does not currently support two radios connected at the same time. In other words, if you want to connect a K2 and some other transceiver to determine which antenna is selected, the KRC2 will not handle this directly. It _will_ other rigs besides the K2, but only one at a time.

You could accomplish this with a pair of KRC2s, one controlled by each radio, using the outputs to control relays for antenna switching. It is relatively easy to connect the KRC2s and relays so that an antenna relay will not be energized if both radios select the same band.

I do not know of any automated antenna selector currently available that handles more than one rig at a time.

Another question : the KRC2 manual mentions a "daisy-chain" to couple the KTA100 to the KRC2. What is this ? Another word to say parallel connecting ?

Your guess is correct. The KRC2 allows you to connect the K2 to one DB9 port, and the KAT100 or other accessory to the second port. If you have a KAT100, the 'Y' cable that is built with that unit would connect to this port.

Thank for your help

You are very welcome!

- Jack Brindle, WA4FIB