I set up my K2 S meter per the manual.  It appeared to work "normally" with S9+
readings on loud signals.  I then borrowed an X-gen and used it to "calibrate"
the S-Meter readings.  The "calibrated" settings were much lower than the "per
manual" settings, i.e., a signal that was S-9 would read, after calibration,
about S-5 or 6.  I don't have a method for measuring the X-gen output.  I do
know that the K2 easily picks up the 1 uv low signal used for sensitivity
testing.  I will probably just go back to the earlier settings, but I was
wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

HOWARD W. ASHCRAFT, Jr.
Direct Dial: (415) 995-5073
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
HANSON          333 Market Street, 23rd Floor
BRIDGETT                San Francisco, CA 94105-2173
MARCUS                  Direct: (415) 995-5073
VLAHOS          Main: (415) 777-3200
RUDY, LLP               Fax: (415) 541-9366

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential and is protected
by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use dissemination,
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender
by telephone or e-mail, and permanently delete all copies, electronic or other,
you may have. The foregoing applies even if this notice is embedded in a
message that is forwarded or attached.