Can I be impolite and top post that this is enough of this?

Jess
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Mury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Posting

On Sat, 2004-27-11 at 19:27 -0500, W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:
Netiquette or not, I prefer to read responses that have the new text on
top

Etiquette or not, I prefer to pick my nose in expensive restaurants -
but I don't, because that's how society works, and like it or not, I'm a
part of that society. It's the same reason I don't say "10-4 good
buddy!" on ham radio.

the subject and my memory are usually sufficient to tell me what I need
to know about the prior information.

I receive anywhere from 500 to 1000 emails a day. The subject and my
memory are often not sufficient. A *short, trimmed* quote above the new
comments does a very good job of putting things in context.

This is especially true in an active discussion, where there are lots of
replies, and replies to replies, etc. It can quickly become very
confusing to know exactly who and what someone is replying to if they
top post.

 Scrolling down to find the latest response is a waste of time IMHO.

Scrolling down (having to search for the right spot), then reading
downwards, then scrolling back up a bit (having to search for the right
spot again), and reading downwards again, then scrolling back up a bit
(having to search for the right spot), and reading downwards, etc... is
a bigger waste of time, not to mention being a pain.

For my part, please put your response at  the beginning.

Sorry, I will continue to bottom post - as I should.

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR