C46 is part of the new "Key-Click" mod which requires different firmware in
the MCU than you have.

Trying to incorporate all of the newer mods is difficult for an experienced
kit builder/technician.  I would strongly recommend only following the
errata that came with your kit.  If you are not sure if you have it, then
request it from this reflector, include your serial number and if you have a
copy of the purchase order or box, the date it was sent.  Build it first
this way and get it working.

After it is working, then, look at the Elecraft MODS page and the various
web pages that have listings of mods and add those that are "Elecraft"
endorsed.  Many of those incorporated into the newer K2 are these mods and
are available on Elecraft, along with the necessary firmware (New MCU) when
needed.  Many are not needed if you are going to stay QRP.  Not all MODS are
necessary, for example, there was a long discussion on the need for the
key-click mod. It passed ARRL testing without, but if you are going to add
the KPA100, I would add it.  But make the basic K2 work first.

Rich,
KE0X