The KSB2 option was installed last saturday and tested during all this time. It
was working OK by the book (!) and the only objection was the gain that was too
just, very limit, the max output in SSB (upper or mower SB) was only 6 to 8
watts pep
(as seen on the scope inh two tone test). I found on the web the paper from
John KI6WX (July 18, 2002)relative to diverses modifications and improving the
KSB2 performances.
I did not do the filter bandwith modif (as I was very happy with what I got
!)but I did the increased gain and reduced intermod modif.
it was finished this morning and the results are as John said in his paper.
Around 5/6 db increased output and also as a bonus an intermod distortion lower
than I got before !I still did not make the ALC time constant change. I will
may be do that when I used the K2 for PSK transmit.
Thank to John, wayne Eric and the gang for their help !
73 F5UL/Robert