G'day,

Currently in the process of building a second KSB2 module for #1400 so
that I can do various mods to the original.

Having reached the stage of installing the crystals I pondered the
desirability and possibility of grounding the cases lower down as is now
normal for the basic CW filter.  This is easily done if the following
sequence is employed:

Instead of fitting all the crystals in one go:

a) X4, then a short grounding wire about 1/3 of the way up the face of X4
b) X3, then a short grounding wire about 1/3 of the way up the corner of
X3
c) X5, as for X3
d) X1 & X2.  Curl the grounding wire across the edges of the crystals
about 1/3 of the way up
e) X6 & X7, as for X1 & X2 above.

For the last two it is necessary to be careful not to toast C23.

I have a picture of the result if anyone is interested.  Maybe the N0SS
web site if this method is thought useful.

Not completed the module yet so no Spectrogram plot.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO