I use the SCAF-1 with my K2 rigs one has the KAF2 and the other has DSP. I find it works very well and complements an already excellent rig. There is absolutely no ringing on CW. For SSB, I find it takes the edge off the high end (hiss) when conditions are noisy. I don't use it with my K2s all the time but there are occasions when it is very helpful.

I also use the SCAF-1 on many of my older rigs and it really makes a difference in eliminating a lot of noise and in many cases can drowned out a heterodyne by playing with the amount of filter capture.

Robert VE3RPF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry - WA2DGD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Elecraft Reflector" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; "QRP-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:38 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Idiom Press SCAF-1

Hello All,

Anyone using the Idiom Press SCAF-1 audio filter with their K2 and/ or older tube receivers? How does it compare with DSP audio filters. 99% of my operating is CW so SSB is not that important to me. I would like to hear your comments and experiences.

ps. I've had the Autek QF-1 audio filter and found it somewhat unpleasant to use due to ringing.
--
73
Larry