B. Scott Andersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

>4. I'm drooling over the hex paddles now advertised on the
>Elecraft web site. It looks JUICEY! But, I would want it to
>be the key that travels with the radio. Does anybody have this
>item? If so, could you render an opinion about how well it
>might travel in the aforementioned case?

Scott:

I'm sure that the Hex paddles would travel fine in a Pelican case but they are very heavy. My suggestion would be to leave the Hex key at home and go with a lighter weight solution for travel such as Paddlette or Palm Paddles or if you want something a little more hefty but still easy to transport you could try something
like the Vibroplex Code Warrior Jr or the CT-9 (from Morse Express).

Michael VE3WMB

P.S. I use Pelican cases for all of my portable gear and they are well worth the cost!