Hi Group,

I've just recently finished a K2, S/N 4630. It has DSP, SSB, 160M Option,KI02 and the K60XV.

All appeared well until today, when I noticed that tapping the DISPLAY Button from the frequency display to the DSP Menu, I get a cyclic beep...or burp. It changes frequency from DSP on to off. It only does this when in the DSP Menu. It is internally generated, as removing the antenna lead from driving two XV Transverters still has it burping away at a one second rate. Removing the KI02 leads to the Transverters still has the thing happily chirping away.

I've stepped through all bands , 160M thru 144 Mhz. It is evident on all bands except 50Mhz. It varies in strength from Band to Band. Unplugging both Transverters has it still burping away ( Power leads and the KI02 Interface leads ).

I don't know if this has just become active after fitting the K60XV, as I cannot remember noticing it before I installed the K60XV. I did have to move the VFO tuning on L30 to accomodate the 60M Option, as it would not lock. All band VCO Voltages moved upwards, with my max voltage about 7.4, and my min just a shade over 1.1v as per the destructions if any one band was out of spec.

It only does this when you can see dSP bYP or dSP ON, or when you are looking at the DSP settings.

Any help/advice on what this annoying burp is would be much appreciated.

73
Glenn
VK4TZL