On Fri, 2005-14-01 at 20:57 -0600, Joe Ford wrote:
> First question: Am I correct in attributing this drop in voltage to the
> cold? I think it was about 45 degrees in the room at that time.

45 degrees is not particularly cold; I wouldn't expect any power supply
to have problems at this temperature. It's easy enough to test: warm it
up, check the voltage, cool it down, check the voltage - repeat a few
times to be sure that the temperature is the cause. Your fridge can do
double duty as a test chamber.

> need another supply for the K2. Second question: Can someone suggest a
> smaller supply to use with the K2 which will not suffer in the cold
> (most of the small ones seem to be switchers)? Or, final question, Is it
> really necessary to use separate supplies for the K2 and KPA or
> could/would the Astron power both.

As Don already said, you don't need a power supply hooked up to the K2's
power connector, only to the KPA100's. If the exception that Don
mentioned applies to you (KPA100 in separate enclosure without a DC
connection to the K2) then you could connect the same supply to both.

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR