On Jan 14, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Joe Ford wrote:

My ham shack is in a room which is separated from the main house.
Consequently, it does not receive heat from the main house and during
this cold weather is only heated when I am in the room and even then I
don't get it very warm. I normally only have an hour or so in the
evenings for operating. I dress warm, and, fortunately I'm in Alabama
where winters are relatively mild.

Don't walk, but RUN down to your local home improvement store and buy a small electric space heater. These will make the operating position much more comfortable.

Barring that, tie the room into the heating system for the house.

I can think of nothing worse than an uncomfortable operating position, especially indoors.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901