Tim:

Here's my put on the topics:

1) I guess the default has to be something for the PRE/ATT switch. As long as it seems to work and the K2 remembers the last setting per band, it sounds to me like it is working OK. I can't remember what my settings initially were.

2) Do the secondary functions of the RATE switch work (lock and "0")? Without digging out the schematic, my guess is that switch is just an input to the main processor. If the LOCK and "0" functions work, but the RATE doesn't, it sounds like a problem with the firmware, which would be pretty strange indeed. So I'm guessing the LOCK and "0" functions don't work either, which means either a bad solder joint or perhaps a short or a defective switch.

That's my 2 cents worth.  Hope it helps.

John AA0VE

Tim Logan wrote:

1 - The PRE annunciator is turned on for all bands - even after a reset to factory defaults. The PRE/ATT switch works and activates relays. If I go through each band and turn off the PRE and then turn the K2 off and on again, the bands WILL retain the status of having the PRE turned off. However, I do not understand why it defaulted to being turned on from the factory settings. Can you point me in the right direction to understand this?

2 - The RATE switch does not change rates. I checked the secondary menu and the basic 3 rate default is set. Can you suggest where I start to solve this issue?