-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tim Logan
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 7:21 PM
To: Elec-Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 problem at page 43 of Rev. F manual - need some
help

Hi folks -
I will confess I just sent Gary a query about this, but you know how it
goes when it is after working hours and you would sorta' like to solve
the problem tonight hi hi! Anyway, if someone truly in the know can shed
insight on either of the following this evening I would be most
appreciative.

I am at the stage where the K2 is pluged in for the first time (my
favorite part!!!). All tests up to the 2nd column of page 43 have passed
(ie up to the paragraph titled RF PROBE ASSEMBLY). Bands, change, menus
seem to work, voltage display works, VFO works. PF! & 2 work etc.
HOWEVER two problems have appeared. Before I go through every trouble
shooting step in the manual maybe someone has been there done that already?

1 - The PRE annunciator is turned on for all bands - even after a reset
to factory defaults. The PRE/ATT switch works and activates relays. If I
go through each band and turn off the PRE and then turn the K2 off and
on again, the bands WILL retain the status of having the PRE turned off.
However, I do not understand why it defaulted to being turned on from
the factory settings.  Can you point me in the right direction to
understand this?

2 - The RATE switch does not change rates. I checked the secondary menu
and the basic 3 rate default is set. Can you suggest where I start to
solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.
73/ Tim Logan NZ7C