Hi Andrea!

You wrote:

L7 ... is really org-vio-gold (two people pronounced it "definitely
orange") instead of yel-vio-gold. Is it a packing error or a
documentation error?

-----------

L7 is a 4.7 uH inductor, so it is really Yellow! Orange-violet-gold would be
3.7 uH, not 4.7 uH. How does its color compare alongside L10, which is
orange-orange-black (33 uH)?

---------------------------------

You wrote:

On a related note, how much clearance is there between the crystals and
the battery packs? My crystals are not as well-aligned as those of other
builders and I soldered the ground wire on the side rather than on top,
per instructions.

-----------------------------
page 47, receive current drain test: text states typical receive drain
is 32mA; the included errata sheet instructs the builder to correct the
figure (35mA) on the specifications page, but not here. Display
brightness at 2 gives 35mA and the only thing that saved me from another
silly have-a-cow situation  was good memory.

In both places the spec says "about". The current will typically be a little
lower at the point of the test than in normal operation because no signals
are being received at that point.

Sorry for the confusion. You make a good point about a better-defined spec.
for the current drain test. I'll bring it up with the KX1 designer (Wayne).

Ron AC7AC