Andrea wrote:

This is my first kit and first big project, so my comments should be
taken with a grain of salt. However, I try to follow the instructions
very very closely (I've actually read them back-to-back once before even
getting the package!) and I'm pleased to hear my little contribution
will further improve an already awesome manual.

-----------

As a writer I never object to comments about stumbling points in the
instructions. The one you tripped over was something I should have brought
it to Wayne's attention. Our objective with the Elecraft kits is that they
be buildable by anyone who can solder, follow instructions and do basic
electrical measurements such as resistance and voltage. An instruction for
something to be "...about x mA..." is never good and the worst place to put
it is in a manual that will be used by someone who doesn't have a lot of
experience with the circuits used in the radio.

So I really appreciate your pointing it out.

About the yellow vs. orange color coding, I don't know if Elecraft even
stocks a 3.7 uH inductor in that size. If they do, I guess it's possible
there was a switch.

And, yes, I know that some of the colors being used today are not the best.
Don mentioned that earlier in a post here. We used to see big stripes or
round dots of bright unmistakable colors, but lately I get the feeling that
those choosing color-coding paints for some companies are trying to make a
fashion statement, not communicate a parts value!

I'd say you have a 99% chance of having the right part already. You might
drop a question about whether it could be an error to either
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (Gary) or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". The latter e-mail
address is strictly for ordering parts, but they might be able to clarify
whether it is even possible that you got the wrong part based on what they
carry in stock.

Ron AC7AC