Hi Sandy and all,
Thanks for the "Scotchcoat" name which I forgot. I knew it wasn't
Scotchbrite or Scotchguard.  Yes, the good thing about using the vulcanizing
rubber is that you can cut deep into it with a razor blade and peel
everything off of the coax and connectors.  The rubber sticks to itself but
not to metal or plastic.  The connector will still look brite afterwards.  I
tend to trust the Scotchcoat product over the liquid electrical tape brand.

The vulcaniing rubber needs to be covered by the vinyl tape.  Used alone it
deteriorates rather quickly.

Regards,
Steve, W2MY/5
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/
QRP/ARCI 8351, FPQRP 1025, NJQRP 25,
QRP-L 269, FISTS 3150, ARS 142, NEQRP 281, NWQRP ??, 10-10 61720, NORCAL
691, K2 #402