Andrew Moore wrote:

This sounds interesting.  I've never heard much about it.  Are high
speed CW ops using this in lieu of "the real thing" to get around rigs'
limitations?  Since it's on SSB, I assume it's not legal down in the
conventional CW portion of the band.  It sounds like it could be an easy
way for QRQ CW to operate from any rig in the 70 to 100 range, or so.

--Andrew, NV1B

Most software for the digital modes include both "sound card" CW and hard keyed CW. You can't tell the difference on the air unless the op doesn't know the sidetone frequncy of his rig and has the frequency in the software set wrong.

There won't be any QSK with "sound card CW" either. Up until I built a keying interface for my TS-520 thats how I ran CW. Hamscope or MixW and a rigblaster.

Another happy benefit of audio injected CW, really afsk, is that there are no key clicks to be heard and you don't have to worry about rise and fall times of the keying waveform.

--
R. Kevin Stover ACØH

Reclaim Your Inbox!