On Fri, 2005-04-03 at 16:59 -0800, designer wrote:
> But he has to operate within the Canadian band plan - right? Just to
> make a point - not to whine - I often hear Canadian SSB on top of the
> 7.070 PSK frequency.

He has to operate according to Canadian regulations, yes.

Our regulations do not specify what mode may be operated where, either
by mode or by bandwidth. There is a maximum bandwidth for each band
(6kHz for all HF bands except 30m and 10m). As long as we are within the
maximum bandwidth and within the ham bands, we are legal.

The only bandplan we have is a "gentleman's agreement". It lists 7.050
to 7.100 as SSB. It doesn't list PSK31 at 7.070, probably because it
hasn't been updated since 1995. There are probably lots of operators who
don't realize that 7.070 is a common PSK31 frequency.

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR