I was finally able to free up some blocks of time and begin construction of
K2 #4565.  This, and my construction of a KX1 earlier this year, is the most
satisfying and enjoyable experience in ham radio that I've had in years.  I've
also learned a great deal monitoring the discussions on the reflector.

My construction was proceding successfully (if slowly) up to the point in
Assembly, Part II, page 52, where components are connected to U4 (the PLL) on
the bottom of the RF board.  I found this to be the trickiest part so far
(haven't begun the toroids yet!).

After several failures, and much thought and preparation with pre-bending and
tinning of leads, I was finally able to get C91, C88, RFC15 soldered to the
correct points on the bottom of the board - with no shorts.  However, I now
have no continuity through RFC 15.  I assume that means I destroyed the choke
during the mounting process, so I'm ordering a replacement and will try again
next week.

Before I do that, does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to manipulate
and mount these components to increase my chances of success on the next
attempt.  Thanks.

Bob, WO3E