In a message dated 30/03/05 17:03:47 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

I was  wondering of anyone has built the amp shown at the link below.  It had
my  interest for a while until it's power requirements were pointed out to me
as  being a drawback, price-wise.

Check Motorola designs AN762 and EB63 on the given website.

Both of these are designed to run from 12 to 14V DC at maybe something like
22A, so cannot understand the power supply problem. There are suitable power
supplies available relatively cheaply for this in abundance. Believe the
classic  design AN762 which is the basis of the linear amplifier in most HF
100W
transmitters is featured in ARRL publications and is described in detail in the
 RSGB Radio Communications handbook.

Bob, G3VVT