Greetings from down-under,
                                        I believe it may make me feel a little
better if I share this embarrassment with the group.
My T1 kit which was shipped on March 21 arrived a few days ago and yielded the
usual perfect inventory, but of course the shipment preceded the Rev. A-1
errata (March 29) so I was short of two 1 watt 51 ohm resistors and an FT47-43
toroid which knowing the Elecraft service ethic are probably on their way to me
now, however, carefully reading the assembly manual I saw that there were two
components that could be loaded before the first 51 ohm was required namely the
two female BNC connectors so I thought I would get started.
I carefully aligned the connectors per the instructions and did a creditable
soldering job on both --- on the WRONG SIDE of the board --- shock! horror! and
a large measure of embarrassment.
I don't have any sophisticated de-soldering equipment and promptly decided that
a new board must of necessity be the solution, so a quick Email to Scott and
Brian was sent, but minutes after doing this a long dormant adventurous streak
within me manifested itself and kept saying 'there must be a way, there must'
and there was!
It took a board vice, two soldering irons (one in each hand) and the XYL
suitably protected with heat proof gloves to perform the extraction and the
task was accomplished --- the through plating undamaged and the board still
looking pristine --- quite proud of myself, oops ourselves, and the earlier
embarrassment just a little bit diminished.
Another Email to Scott and Brian cancelling the earlier one, and now I'm just
waiting on two 1 watt 51 ohm resistors because I found a spare toroid in the
junk box.

Cheers from Bill Scovell / VK4SQ