Hi Peter,
Would this type of noise canceler not work on "white" noise also ?
73,
Marinos, ki4gin

From: "Peter Zenker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Marinos Markomanolakis, M.D.'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] RF Noise canceller ?
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:03:51 +0200

Hello Marinos,

There have been several schematics using such technics over the last 20
years. Most of them use a seperate short antenna, feeding the signal pase
shifted into  a combiner which combines the main Antenna Signal with the
phases shifted extra antenna signal. This construction can reduce a lot of
man made noise.
I remember there was a commercial available stand alone unit sold by a small
english company.
I myself built such a unit to help reducing my noise problem especialy at
160m (I live in the middle of Berlin, Noise level in the evening is > S7)
But I forgot the unit during the time because I do not have an 160m Antenna
any longer.

73 de Peter, DL2FI