While true that the K2 does strip package the resistors in the proper
insertion order, several of the options package the resistors loose.
Knowing how to read the color code still comes in handy - but it gets easier
with practice, after 50 years of building, the values just pop into my head
when I see them - the problem is that the colors are not as clear and
distinct as they used to be.

73,
Don W3FPR