David,

Good choice - but next you will be needing an EC2 enclosure to mount the
KPA100 so you can have a 'pick up and go' station.

The changes you have already made for the KPA100 will work fine with the
KAT2.  Actually, fewer changes need to be made on the base K2 to install the
KAT2 (I am speaking of the electrical changes rather than the insallation of
the AUX RF jack on the RF Board.

73,
Don W3FPR