"At 10:25 AM 4/13/2005 -0700, you wrote:

Ron, WB1HGA asked:

Pardon my ignorance fellas, but what is a "mojo"?

-----------------------

That question comes up often, Ron.

A "mojo" is an object containing magic. In native
American lore, it's often
a small leather bag worn on a leather thong around the
neck in which
particular items with spiritual powers are placed: a
talisman.

Somewhere in the past someone decided that the
Elecraft rigs were Ham radio
mojos, Hi!

Ron AC7AC"

  I think that the "mojo" here, by extension, isn't
necessarily the object, one that is "...thought to
promote supernatural action...," but the magic it
contains. One of the current meanings is, "Personal
magnetism; charm." The Urban Dictionary gives us: "The
word originally means a charm or a spell. But now it's
more commonly said meaning sex appeal or talent." and
Elecraft rigs have plenty of both, imho.

  LL/K3ESE