After 25 years of using a home built noise bridge to tune antennas, I love
the MFJ 259B that my wife gave me for Christmas. It is a wonderful tool. I
have had no problems with mine. It does eat batteries though, and there are
a few on the list who remember Doug Hendricks, Dave Gauding and myself doing
our best the Three Stooges act tuning one of the first NorCal Doublets at
W5JAY's house 3 or 4 years back at Arkiecon. Among the comedy of errors
included using W5JAY's MFJ 259B connected to an 24 AH Gel Cell. "I got tired
of taking the back off to change those damn batteries" was Jay's
explanation.

The tool is no better than the craftsman using it.  An antenna analyzer will
not automatically help you to build a better antenna if you don't understand
basic antenna and transmission line principles, but it will help you to
understand those principles.

I find the MFJ very valuable in the field to quickly verify that the antenna
is operating OK.  - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65