Margaret Leber wrote:

With that corrected, the VCO voltage readings on each band fell into line, and I'm now up to the BFO test. There's just plain no signal that CAL Fctr can find at TP2, even though there *is* a 4918 kHz or so signal at U11 pin 6, and even at the ungrounded side of C169. Q24 *looks* OK, but what can you tell by looking? :-)

I also noted that something has the S-meter calibration in an uproar; it set up with completely nominal values originally but now requires extreme settings to unpin it from the top end and the RF gain doesn't move the lit bar around like it used to.

Suggested avenues of investigation are welcome...

One more observation for the detecK2ives out there: On the control board Q1-Q4 seem to be running quite warm; rather warmer than I would expect for a device designed for low power consumption--is that normal?

 73 de Maggie K3XS, who's about to start checking DC voltages throughout

--
-----/___.   _)Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP/"The art of progress /
----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie SCWCD/ is to preserve order/