Sadly, the Bluetooth serial port adapters all seem to require 45 mA
to 50 mA -- I checked several manufacturers.  OK for the shack, not
so good for PDA or field use :-(  OTOH, there are tons of USB
Bluetooth dongles that sell for under $20 -- even without rebates!
:-)

Go with the KISS principle...

I just use the sync cradle with a null modem adapter to the K2io cable.

It allows about 6 feet of freedom if not more and the cradle is a nice angle to read/write/graffitti.

see pic at;   > http://users.erols.com/tjmc/k2palm.jpg

BTW, the older Palms ( like the 105 are dirt cheap ) run on AAA's so it's not prob with recharging.

all best
Tom aa2vk