Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SMD-based kits

I'll leave the "SMD stuff" to you younger guys with better eyesight than mine!

Having been an 'in the field' electronics tech (and part time engineer!)
for YEARS, in the avionics and marine electronics field, I have dropped my share of
parts
on the floor! I can agree with Wayne on these teensy pieces being UNMARKED (curse you bastards in the component fabrication business!), or marked with some
silly
code or "house number", I don't intend looking for the inevidible dropped part! I have gotten more "fumbly" with age and have trouble keeping up with small parts
and hardware now.
Have had some fun building the K1 and an extra board for it. "IDing" those pieces
CAN
be confusing even with the "micro printing" on them. Unmarked SMD's would be out of
the
question! I can imagine it would be a nightmare for Wayne's techs trying to sort a
returned
kit out with misplaced parts!
I'll take my "SMD's" mounted already..thank you!
73,

Sandy W5TVW
----- Original Message ----- From: "John A. Ross[RSDTV]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>