Susan,

That usually means the APP was not assembled properly.  Make certain the
blades are fully inserted into the housing.  The blades must latch over
the spring fingers that are in the housing and it takes a good push with
a thin screwdriver or other tool to seat properly.  When properly
assembled, it takes about a 25 pound pull to disengage them.
If you assembled your K3 from a kit, check the connector on the K3 as
well as the one on the cable - OR just check it anyway, there is always
a chance that a factory assembler did not push hard enough to lock the
blade.

If you mean that the red and black housings come apart, put a drop of
superglue on the mating surfaces and they should be tight.  There is a
hole intended for a roll-pin, but often the roll pin comes out and gets
into places no metal should be, so if you do use a roll-pin, secure it
with a bit of superglue.

73,
Don W3FPR