Jim,

On the power issue, maybe you want to reduce the voltage when you
operate at home and keep R4 set to maximum for the sake of the internal
battery operation.  A couple diodes in series with the power supply
should cut the voltage a bit and keep the KX1 out of the danger zone.

On your SWR/Power situation, it is hard to tell.  You may want to check
the KXAT1 wattmeter balance and re-calibrate the wattmeter just to be
certain that is not the cause.  The other thing is to take a good look
at your antenna asking "What might have changed".
The KX1 power reading is not precise for impedances that differ much
from 50 ohms.  The KXAT1 may be right at the limit of its range when
matching that antenna, and if the SWR does not go down close enough to
1:1, it will vary the power indication.  Yes, I know wattmeters should
be independent of the SWR, but the KX1 wattmeter is quite small, and
that may be the reason, but I suspect the calculation of true power is
not perfect in the firmware (maybe Wayne ran out of room :-) ).

73,
Don W3FPR