Jim,

Lower the power when running on the 13.8 volt supply - 4 watts or a bit
less.  The components in the PA output circuit will thank you and live a
longer life.

You can use a slim  flatblade screwdriver and adjust R4 through the hole
in the bottom of the enclosure (and also through the tuner) - that is
why it is there.

73,
Don W3FPR