Hello Alan,

I had used a home built vacuum relay on 6m to switch between antennas, but the
isolation was not good - possibly due to a problem with dirty contact in the
old
relay or something.  Anyway, I built a very nice SPDT coaxial switch that will
handle
plenty of power up through 6m with low SWR, and you could easily do the same
thing
with a DPDT coaxial switch done the same way.  In fact, mine was based on a
design by
WA4NFP for a durable, low loss DPDT switch to switch an amp in and out of the
circuit.

You can put any type of connectors you want on it:

http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/relay.htm

GL and I hope you find this information helpful.  VY 73, Lance

On 7/30/2010 1:09 AM, Alan D. Wilcox wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The saga of my K2 in the upstairs office and the K3 downstairs in the
> shop continues.
>
> Solution:
> 1. Run coax from the K2 into the attic; run some red/blk zip cord up too.
> 2. Chop the K3 coax going to the antenna and run the K3 end into the attic.
> 3. Run the remaining end of the coax from the antenna into the attic.
> 4. PL-259s to the 3 wires in the attic.
> 5. Connect K2, K3, ant to coax relay.
> 6. Zip cord to relay (12 vdc or 110 ac); other end gets power when I
> turn on the K2 supply.
>
> I had a Dow-Key coax relay (just what I want) on my Viking II. Both long
> gone.
>
> Anyone have one or something that'll do the trick? Any extra PL-259's
> with sleeve for smaller coax?
>
> Many thanks!
> Alan
>
> Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX (K2-5373, K3-40)
> 570-321-1516
> http://WilcoxEngineering.com
> Williamsport, PA 17701

Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX, 3D2LR)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT  59834  USA
QTH: DN27UB
TEL: (406) 626-5728
2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the MAGIC BAND EME email
reflector!