On 8/1/2010 5:59 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

> I've noticed some weeny bugs - or rather things that don't seem quite right
> to me - in K3 firmware v4.03, DVR v1.03:
>
> 1.  The new QRQ QSK mode works nicely aside from the known limitation of no
> RIT.  However, this limitation still seems to apply when I change from full
> break in to semi break in using the band/QSK button.  I have to go into the
> menu and de-select the QRQ option as well to get RIT back.

The QRQ option works in semi-QSK mode as well. It allows you (or some machine!)
to send
clean code at higher speeds. I've noticed that without the QRQ option -- even
in semi-QSK
mode -- when the speed gets above about 35 wpm it starts to have timing issues.
After
about 45, it is really bad. At slower speeds, although it is acceptable, you
can notice
the difference.

I assigned the QRQ menu item to one of the PFK's on my K3. It is too much of a
hassle to
go to the menu!

I don't use RIT that much, but SPLIT is a necessity for dx pileups. I know
there is a way
to operate split with the subreceiver, using VFO B to listen, but I haven't
been able to
get used to it.

--
Vic, K2VCO