On 8/2/2010 4:59 PM, George A. Thornton wrote:
> There could be a black market in fake Elecraft serial number stickers.

I shouldn't reveal this, but they are easy to make. I have a little Brother
P-Touch label
maker, and it does an excellent job -- almost indistinguishable from the real
thing.

My K3 is so old (serial no. 00007) that it came with an old version of the rear
panel.
Elecraft decided that they wanted everyone to have the newer one, so I got a
replacement.

But it didn't have a serial number, and taking the old one off destroyed it!
The
labelmaker saved the day.
--
Vic, K2VCO