What would you charge for a lifetime subscription to your service, Don?

Bill
K9YEQ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 11:22 PM
To: Vic K2VCO
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Reward for P3 S/N 56

AHHH Vic,

You shouldn't have.  Now there will be a real mountain of KX1, K1, K2,
K3 and P3s out there with falsified serial numbers, and we can't tell the
difference.  I guess we still need to engrave our call onto each and every
board in the assembly :-) .

This should move to a new thread labeled "K? identity theft" - there are
probably insurance companies that will provide tracking of that for a fee.
Starting my own business -- I will track your Elecraft serial numbers for
$10 per month and provide you with an annual report of any discovered
attempts to duplicate your serial number :-) .

73,
Don W3FPR

Vic K2VCO wrote:
> On 8/2/2010 4:59 PM, George A. Thornton wrote:
>
>> There could be a black market in fake Elecraft serial number stickers.
>>

> I shouldn't reveal this, but they are easy to make. I have a little
Brother P-Touch label