Martin,
The Maldol 20M whip is fine with a radial 10-16ft and a 1ft or so piece of bus wire clipped to the top with an alligator clip, at any angle. I worked Florida from Toronto on vacation twice with that antenna, acting on Wayne N6KR's lead. But on a bike you may want something better as you havbe the opportunity (and mechanical need) to hold something more substantial, such as a Hamstick or a CB whip. Watch the height regulations though! The ground will be different, especially on the low bands. Budd W3FF operates his Buddipole on a bike with great success and he uses an inductor in series with the ground to the bike frame on 60M. I have heard Budd work the south pole on it SSB!
73,
Leigh.