Ed;  Congratulations!  Yes 7114 is "guarded" as you will by many members of
the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC).  The SKCC suggests their members
mentor new CW operators on that frequency and particularly all day Fridays.
You will find many CW ops there who will work at your speed and are very
patient.  The SKCC general calling frequency on 20 meters is 14.050 MHz.
Although not designated as an "Elmer" frequency, I feel confident any of our
SKCC members will be happy to accomodate you.

For more information on SKCC go to http://www.skccgroup.com/ and peruse the
website.  You are hereby invited to join and begin your journey.

I am a member for several months now and the activities SKCC sponsors have
rejuvenated my activity.  Not a night goes by that I don't fire up my K3 and
chat with another member or two on or near the calling frequencies.  We all
use mechanical keys.

73 de K4SC
Chuck Hallett SKCC Member 6669

<

quote author="EMD">
Hello fellow Elecrafters,
I understand on 40m a good frequency to get a patient ear is 7114.  Is there
a similar frequency on 20m?

So if you hear me out there I look forward to making my first CW contact.

Thanx in advance for your patience.

73, Ed
KE7HGA