For the benefit of others who may read this at a later date, I will just say
that I am in agreement with what Jim says here.  The FCC's position on such
things is well documented (albeit possibly not as enforced as it should be?).

I believe there are certain points of practicality that must prevail:

The FCC position on commercial electronics acting as unlawful receivers aside,
we as hams still have the responsibility to run the cleanest stations we can.
This means that we should do everything practical to minimize the emission of
RF in places where it does us no good.  If this means taking a little extra
time to re-route cables and place appropriate RFI countermeasures in place
before marching our electronics back to the vendor for refunds, then it's time
well spent.

This also serves to reduce RF exposure to the humans and animals in our
households, too.  Even though we have all done our station assessments and
deemed ourselves to be in compliance with the FCC's exposure guidelines (and we
all have done this, right???), its always better to reduce exposure when we can.

And finally, it is well known that most all commercial electronics are
ridiculously susceptible to RF -- certainly more so than they should or could
be.  How they get away with it is a topic for another reflector.  Suffice to
say that if we can reduce our unintended emissions enough so as to not affect
this equipment, it's likely more convenient for us. While it's well within our
legal right to return this "defective" equipment, it is not always in our best
interest.  The time and energy spent returning the equipment, dealing with the
inconvenience of finding a substitute, and/or the problems associated with not
having the equipment at all, all must be accounted for.

This is OT, so I'll quit for now.  :-)

73 and Aloha,
Dave
AH6TD