Danno,

First, your ALL CAPS post makes reading difficult, so pardon me if I
missed something.

Your K2 is definitely up to date with all the official Elecraft mods.

If you add the KPA100, it is not difficult to switch to the QRP cover -
6 screws and 4 internal cables to unplug, one or two to plug when going
from QRO to QRP.

OTOH, if you desire something quicker and easier to change (2 cables, no
screws), consider mounting the KPA100 in its own EC2 enclosure.  That
does require the KIO2 (or a suitable substitute) mounted in the K2/10 to
carry the control signals to the KPA100.  If you are considering the
KAT100 as well, then the KAT100-2 has all the "hooks" to plug the KPA100
into its board (the KAT100-1 is complete with its "half high" enclosure,
you must purchase the EC2 enclosure separately with the KPA100-2.

Yes, you will need a power supply adequate for the 100 watt power level
- 17 Amps or greater will do just fine.

Yes, there are many who use the KPA100 to drive a higher power
amplifier.  The only "condition" is that the amp keying voltage must be
positive.  If it is negative (Heath SB-200, 202, and several other older
amplifiers), you will need an external relay or other means of keying
the amplifier.

If you need someone to do the build for you, take a look at the list of
'Builders for Hire' on the Elecraft website.  Contact your chosen
builder for prices and what their services include - we are each
individuals with our own style.

73,
Don W3FPR