From: Bill <n...@aol.com>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Firmware Download Warning
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 6:20 PM

Yesterday, I downloaded the most  recently-relased firmware updates for my K3.
After the download, the rig went dead in the water.  After three hours of work
with Dale at Elecraft, we determined that the newest firmware available on the
website has major compatibility issues with some, if not all recent K3's.
After re-installing the 3.97/1.09/2.58 packages, all was well again.  Dale
tells me he has had three cases of this incompatibility recently.

This is just a warning to think twice before downloading the latest and
greatest, until the good folks on the West Coast get all the bugs out!!

Bill Hartman
N6FB