In a message dated 4/29/05 7:01:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> B. Hard-wire control from point to point
> C. A telephone link via an unlisted telephone number

Hmmm...

I guess it comes down to interpretation as to whether an internet link meets
the above criteria adequately.

Literally, an internet link doesn't. But at least some would argue that the
security of password protection, encryption, etc., is at least as secure as a
telephone line with unlisted number.

---

Be that as it may, I find some aspects of that kind of remote control to be
unsettling. Will we reach a point where few hams actually have stations in
their homes, and instead simply access a remote station?

Will anti-antenna folks use remote access/control as an excuse, or even a
legal argument?

What if someone builds a superstation, and then *sells* remote access time to
it? Would that be legal - or in the best interest of the ARS?

Maybe the most important question isn't whether something is legal, but
whether it's a good idea.

73 de Jim, N2EY