>> B. Hard-wire control from point to point
>> C. A telephone link via an unlisted telephone number

>>> ....because this rule is based in LAW, not OPINION..

Come on folks., This is indeed a case of interpretation. Almost 75% of the FCC rules are. Take # C above. If I am using a Voip phone, and the remote site has an unlisted telephone number (routed as an unlisted IP address, and unlisted port#), I'm now using the Internet, and yet I satisfy # C. How much simpler can that be?

And as far as it NOT being a point to point, when you dial up your SBC landline link, you are being routed by a computer that is looking for the lowest cost way to get you to your destination. That could be California for a Michigan to Wisconsin link.

As with everything in life, it is open to interpretation. I'm working on my remote base, and when it's done, I'll let you turn me into the FCC. It is a classic case of the FCC rules not keeping up with technology. However, using VOIP on the internet meets the definition as legal. Period.

    tom bosscher K8TB K2-3206